Custom Suffixes

BenSanta

Helper
Helper
It would be great if we could either apply for custom suffixes in tablist / chat on the forums, discord, or make it a cosmetic paid option on the webstore, as it's EULA friendly. And it would be nice if nitro boosters could just choose their own suffix if they want to, instead of having just the nitro badge, since the badge is assigned manually anyway.

jamgame5221

Agreed, having more player customisation is good, and defines people from each other, although if this was added should probably be added through another rank, either nitro booster or if something like netherite comes out, or give it to supporters of the server who have gifted a certain amount of money or something to it. Or do it as an award from an event!

BenSanta

Helper
Helper
Ye, it would be a good fit as reward for an event. Or just have it be a perk of netherite if we ever get it. There could also be a system similar to hypixel for example, if you gift 4 ranks, u get a month of mvp++, but on here it could be a rank upgrade, as it is still beneficial for the server.
It could be like 10 gifts of Gold is an upgrade, 5 gifts of Diamond rank is a free upgrade, or 2 gifts of Emerald rank is a free upgrade, or if you already have max rank, etc.. a coupon code. Something like this could boost the profits of the server.

jamgame5221

Ye, it would be a good fit as reward for an event. Or just have it be a perk of netherite if we ever get it. There could also be a system similar to hypixel for example, if you gift 4 ranks, u get a month of mvp++, but on here it could be a rank upgrade, as it is still beneficial for the server.
It could be like 10 gifts of Gold is an upgrade, 5 gifts of Diamond rank is a free upgrade, or 2 gifts of Emerald rank is a free upgrade, or if you already have max rank, etc.. a coupon code. Something like this could boost the profits of the server.
I mean that could work but also I’d say maybe less gifted ranks, like gifting 5 total ranks to different users of any kind could work, as it is slightly fairer

BlueeDevils

Mod / Events Team
I actually love the idea of suffixes, however I'd be wary with "custom" suffixes as tablist can get pretty cluttered pretty quick. Also, custom suffixes would be awesome but I'm sure if it was implemented it'd be more like the custom join/leave messages that are pre-made since with anything custom, it can definitely be abused

jamgame5221

I actually love the idea of suffixes, however I'd be wary with "custom" suffixes as tablist can get pretty cluttered pretty quick. Also, custom suffixes would be awesome but I'm sure if it was implemented it'd be more like the custom join/leave messages that are pre-made since with anything custom, it can definitely be abused
I'd also say that it could be used inappropriately, so maybe do it so staff can set one for a user who's donated a certain amount to the community, both in-game or from something like Nitro's

BlueeDevils

Mod / Events Team
I'd also say that it could be used inappropriately, so maybe do it so staff can set one for a user who's donated a certain amount to the community, both in-game or from something like Nitro's
that's also a way to do it, however thatd be something for admins to set everytime and depending on whatever threshold you have to pass to gain access to custom suffixes, it could be a lot on the admins

jamgame5221

that's also a way to do it, however thatd be something for admins to set everytime and depending on whatever threshold you have to pass to gain access to custom suffixes, it could be a lot on the admins
true, that's why I think the threshold should probably be quite high for if that happened

BlueeDevils

Mod / Events Team
true, that's why I think the threshold should probably be quite high for if that happened
yeah definitely, that would solve a lot of problems with the whole approval system. only thing with that is that players might complain about it being too exclusive. honestly im not too sure, i think it needs a balance of availability while also being somewhat exclusive so people have a reason to try to achieve/purchase it

jamgame5221

yeah definitely, that would solve a lot of problems with the whole approval system. only thing with that is that players might complain about it being too exclusive. honestly im not too sure, i think it needs a balance of availability while also being somewhat exclusive so people have a reason to try to achieve/purchase it
Very true, if other than aesthetically in-game and on tab it doesn’t provide anything, very few people will go for it. Maybe instead do something like a colour wave for a user, similar to Pets admin colour, with a similarly high threshold. This could be from the users current rank to a new colour, such as an emerald colour to a more blue or pink colour.